Because of computers and of the internet, people can now read news, school lessons, and the novels they like over the internet or on their desktops. But what revolutionized that simple activity of reading is the introduction of e-book readers. E-book readers are portable computers specially designed for downloading, storing, and reading electronic books or e-books. If you don’t have an e-Book reader yet, here are some of the best reasons why you should buy one and dish away your paper books:
- It’s portable and convenient to use. E-book readers are small and light making them easier to carry than actual books that are big and bulky. The average screen size of these readers is from 7 to 10 inches, small enough to carry in your bag or backpack. It’s very convenient to use since you can access the books you want to read anywhere and anytime.
- You can carry hundreds of books in one device. Related to the benefit of convenience, an e-book reader also allows you to carry multiple books, novels, and stories in a single device. The amount of titles you can save on the device will depend on its storage capacity. But nevertheless, the most basic reader is already capable of storing by the hundreds. Imagine if you would carry all those books physically, it would certainly be difficult or even impossible.
- Enhanced reading. When you choose to read a physical book, you have no other option but to use it as is. If there are defects, stains, torn or missing pages, you have to bear with such flaws. You will never experience traditional book problems with an e-book reader. E-books will always be as good as new and will never fade. If you have problems reading smaller fonts, you can always zoom-in simply by tapping the appropriate option. You can adjust the brightness and contrast. And most importantly, you can read even at the darkest hour of the night.
- E-book readers are eco-friendly. These gadgets are also eco-friendly because businesses no longer need to cut down trees just to produce an e-book or e-book reader. The amount of energy consumed is very minimal and the newest LED models are even much more efficient.
- Added functionality. Much of the e-book readers today are no longer limited to reading. Popular brands like Amazon Kindle have transformed to become a much more functional device. Today, e-books are now equipped with almost all other tablet computer capabilities like internet connectivity, use of Apps or applications, storage and playing of media files, etc.
The Latest Breed of E-Book Reader: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Without a doubt, the most popular and best seller brand when it comes to eBook readers is Amazon Kindle. With the release of its latest model Kindle Paperwhite, all other e-book and tablet names are clearly outranked. Aside from the standard Kindle features, the Paperwhite boasts the following: an even smaller, lighter, and better design, extremely efficient battery which can last for weeks not just hours, ability to read even under the sun, and prevention of eyestrain because of the improved screen or display.